Why is Firefox unable to connect to Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides?
Firefox was having a hard time connecting to Google docs, sheets, and slides, saying "Connecting" or "Reconnecting." Then whenever a connection was established it was very slow, it couldn't keep up with everyone else on the doc, and the connection would drop constantly.
Now I've resolved this by going to
Options > Advanced > Network > (Connection) Settings... > No Proxy
This has fixed the issue for now but it's unclear how effective it's going to be with other users on the doc because I haven't had sufficient time to test it all out yet.
I made this post to help others find this solution because there's nothing online that directly relates to solving this problem with Firefox.
I hope it helps.
Modified by adamjayb
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.20.20039
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
That was very good work. Well done.
Please repeat your message here. Then flag that post as Solved Problem so others will know.