How can I stop my password from being changed by a hacker?
I've been hacked and garbage email has been sent showing my email address as the sender. I changed my main password but a day later my new password wouldn't work but the original password did work. This happened twice and now my texting contacts show an embedded attachment and a smilie (I never use them) I can't remove. How do I fix this problem?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.17.20050
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- Google Update
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
This is a support forum for Mozilla Firefox. You will have to contact your e-mail provider for help. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/problems-with-email-how-to-find-help
The best thing you can do is to create another e-mail account, then close the original address.