how do i get rid of the RECENTLY BOOKMARKED section
So for some reason when firefox updated itself to 49 I got saddled with some annoying RECENTLY BOOKMARKED section now in my bookmarks list. I cannot understand the support forums directions about getting rid of this garbage in my browser.
Additional System Details
- 20-20 Technologies - 20-20 3D Viewer for Web v126.96.36.199
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 15.017.20053
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
There are some discussions about users having difficulty removing that section in Firefox 48. It might be especially stubborn on Macs. I don't know the solution yet, but here are a couple of threads to check out:
- Is it possible to disable the "Recently bookmarked" function? (unsolved)
- How do I get rid of the "Recently Bookmarked" section in my bookmarks toolbar? (custom style rules, another user reports Firefox 49 will have an easy way to remove it)