Firefox Cut-and-Paste not working, found solution in a FEBE AddOn setting
This is not technically a PROBLEM per se , but hopefully more of a possible SOLUTION for a general problem, for some users anyway.
I had been fighting a problem with FireFox updates (I thought) having disabled my Cut-and-Paste ability from practically any webpage to my word processing products (like "Microsoft's Word"). The Cut-and-Paste feature would work if pasted to Window's Notepad, but not to Word. After lots of searching, I found (by accident) a feature in the Environment Backup Extension (FEBE) AddOn feature for Firefox to be causing the problem (for me). Using the "about:config" feature, I searched for "clipboard". I then reset (toggled) the "extensions.febe.copyToClipboard" from "false" to "true". The problem went away. I don't know what issue this may be affecting in the AddOn, but I can do more without FEBE than I can Cut-and-Paste not working.
edited by a moderator to remove the line indentation which messed up page formatting
Modified by the-edmeister
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_39 for Mozilla browsers
- LEADTOOLS CMP Plugin DLL
- MetaStream 3 Plugin r4
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:44.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/44.0
That was very clever. Contact Febe support and tell them.