This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I use Yahoo email through firefox. However, I cannot exit the account. The signout option has disappeard. Please help.
I have been using Firefox to browse my email accounts. In the past few months, Yahoo had removed the Sign out bottom. So once I sign on Yahoo email , there is no way to sign out. If I close the browser and go back in later, the email is still open. However, if I use google or Internet explorer to get into the same email account , i am able to properly exit the account. Once I have done this. If I open Firefox and go to my email account, it requires me to sign in again. Thank you for any suggestions.
All Replies (2)
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Click the menu button , choose History, and then "Clear Recent History...".
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the "Clear Now" button.
Further information can be found in the Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
You can remove cookies from a website to make the website forget about you if you can't log off otherwise.
- click the "Site Identity Button" (globe/padlock) at the left end of the location/address bar
- click the arrow to expand the security message
- click "More Information" to open "Tools > Page Info"
- click "Permissions" to inspect and modify permissions
- click "Security" to inspect and modify cookies and passwords in a standalone window