This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox thinks I am in Marion, IN but I am in Indianpolis, IN. How can I fix this?
Numerous sites including Adam4adam and Huntington Bank and MapQuest think I am in Marion IN. 101 E 4th St (to be exact)
All Replies (8)
Clear the cache and remove cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
Modified by cor-el
It says I am in Marion
You can check the connection settings.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network : Connection > Settings
If you do not need to use a proxy to connect to internet then try to select "No Proxy" if "Use the system proxy settings" or one of the others do not work properly.
See "Firefox connection settings":
You would have to contact your ISP if they assign an IP that doesn't locate you in the right location.
I have no idea what the info you means. Sorry.
Contact your internet service provider about this issue. They are "reporting" your location as Marion, not Indianapolis. "Firefox" can't change your IP Address, that is assigned by your service provider.
Thanks. I already tried that and they didn't help. Oh well. Guess I better move to Marion.