Firefox is crashing on start up. It will not work in safe mode either. I have followed every recommendation from the troubleshooting guide as an attempt in repairing the issue, but nothing seems to be working. I uninstalled the program and re-installed. Once the re-install is complete, the registration page will appear, but within 30 seconds, the page shuts down and the crash report pops up. I have clicked on the report to have Firefox contact me concerning this issue, but after 3 days with no contact, I couldn't wait any longer. PLEASE HELP if you have any suggestions!!!!
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Web Camera
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- KPDO Browser Plugin v126.96.36.199
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- npAPI Ghost Plugin
- npAPI Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- On the keyboard, press [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a Run window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, type %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.