Firefox will not download an excel spreadsheet from dropbox
When I attempt to download an excel file from dropbox Firefox freezes up. I have to close it. The same sized PDF file downloads with so trouble from Dropbox. Firefox seems to dislike Excel.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Creative Cloud is installed on this machine.v_2_0_0_0
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- Google Update
- Logitech Harmony Remote Plugin
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Photodex Presenter Plugin 6,00,0,3410
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Do you have the MS Office extension installed in Firefox? Do you use a donwload manager? Your error report does not include a list of your Extensions - please check about:addons (use the address bar) > Extensions for what you have installed.
This sounds like a case where Firefox is attempting an external operation that cannot be reached, which causes everything to freeze up while the browser waits endlessly.
In addition to Extensions, please check about:preferences#applications (again, use the address bar) and search for the file extension you are trying to download. This will show what Firefox is instructed to do with the file. If it is set to open in some software by default, change the setting to Save File or Always Ask.