I've never had a Firefox account, but now I'm being asked to login every time I open Firefox. How can I get rid of this?
I just want Firefox to open my web page normally, but I keep getting the login page.
Note: Some software, like Advanced SystemCare with Surfing Protection, can protect files in the Firefox profile folder against changes. If you have such software then check the settings or uninstall this software.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files
- Provides information about the default web browser
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Juniper Networks Safari Extensions
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- Web based SlingPlayer for streaming from Slingbox
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
When opened, Firefox does not ask you for a login. Unless you have turned on the Master Password for the Password Manager.
What is your home page.
I actually get two tabs every time I open Firefox - one that says "Almost Done, Login to Firefox and you're good to go" On the right are fields asking me to either login or create an account. The second tab is just a Firefox start page.
I actually get two tabs every time I open Firefox - one that says "Almost Done, Login to Firefox and you're good to go"
Right click that pages address bar and copy it. Now post it below.
Type about:preferences#general<enter> in the address bar.
There are two settings;
- When Firefox Starts
When the browser is started, what do you want to display. Many of us choose Show My Home Page.
- Home Page
When a new page is opened, what do you want displayed.
- Use Current Page. Use what ever page(s) are open at that time.
- Use Bookmark
- Restore To Default. about:home shows a Mozilla home page with tools.
You can use any of these that you wish;
about:home (Firefox default home page), about:newtab (shows the sites most visited), about:blank (a blank page),
or you can enter any web page or about: page you want.
I've actually tried this, but it does not save my selections and in fact, there doesn't seem to be any "save" button on the page. If it's supposed to be saving my selection automatically it's not doing that. Any other suggestions? I appreciate your help!
Note: Some software, like Advanced SystemCare with Surfing Protection, can protect files in the Firefox profile folder against changes. If you have such software then check the settings or uninstall this software.
This did the trick - thank you so much for your help!!
Glad to help. Safe surfing.