Rolling back to Firefox 40.0.2 resolves slow eBay issues in 40.0.3
Running Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel core i7, 8GB RAM
Firefox 40.0.3 was hanging a lot when browsing eBay pages after upgrading. Removing all addons did not resolve the issue, nor did clearing cache or re-installing 40.0.3.
Re-installing 40.0.2 resolved the issue.
Some change introduced in 40.0.3 or possible eBay site upgrade is causing one of the top ecommerce sites to becomes unusable.
I recommend contacting ebay techs to resolve this issue if you believe the change did not occur on the Firefox end.
Additionally, when bringing up the task manager application, I see the ffcert.exe is running most of the time when the hangs occur. I never noticed this app previously, but that may be due to the hang not occurring so I had no reason to keep task manager open.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.8.20082
- Version 18.104.22.168
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
Please be advised that the ffcert.exe is not a Firefox task. This executable file is related to Kaspersky Anti-Virus developed by Kaspersky Lab and has been linked to potential performance issues in Firefox.
Please view this website for more information on repairing issues with the ffcert.exe file.