ابحث في الدعم

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

On Windows 8.1, Firefox runs on a local account but not on a domain account

  • 2 (ردّان اثنان)
  • 2 have this problem
  • 306 views
  • آخر ردّ كتبه jgdunham

more options

I have just moved to a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.1 Pro. Firefox runs correctly when logged into a local account. When logged into a domain account, Firefox will run *.html documents on a drive correctly, but does not show any response to any internet related commands. I have disabled the firewall for the domain - no change. I changed the domain account to administrator - no change. I reset Firefox back to default setting - no change. I created a new profile - no change. I disabled the hardware accelerator - no change. I have uninstalled and re-installed Firefox several times - no change, What should I try next to help identify the problem.

الحل المُختار

I resolved the problem. My Internet Explorer (IE) browser was set to use a proxy server. Firefox was set to "Use system proxy settings", but did not have the name of the proxy server. Removing the proxy server from IE resolved the problem. Perhaps Firefox should use "Auto-detect proxy settings for this network" as the default installation setting so Firefox is not dependent on an/this IE setting.

Read this answer in context 👍 0

All Replies (2)

more options

jgdunham said

I have just moved to a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.1 Pro. Firefox runs correctly when logged into a local account. When logged into a domain account, Firefox will run *.html documents on a drive correctly, but does not show any response to any internet related commands. I have disabled the firewall for the domain - no change. I changed the domain account to administrator - no change. I reset Firefox back to default setting - no change. I created a new profile - no change. I disabled the hardware accelerator - no change. I have uninstalled and re-installed Firefox several times - no change, What should I try next to help identify the problem.
more options

الحل المُختار

I resolved the problem. My Internet Explorer (IE) browser was set to use a proxy server. Firefox was set to "Use system proxy settings", but did not have the name of the proxy server. Removing the proxy server from IE resolved the problem. Perhaps Firefox should use "Auto-detect proxy settings for this network" as the default installation setting so Firefox is not dependent on an/this IE setting.