screen turns off
Hello, When I'm streaming a live video my screen goes off in few minutes. How can it stays on?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r115
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:37.0) Gecko/37.0 Firefox/37.0
Since we can't read minds :-) we need more troubleshooting details to help you:
- What model of Android tablet or phone are you using? What version of Android are you using (e.g. Jellybean 4.1-4.3, Kitkat 4.4, Lollipop 5.0, 5.1, etc)?
- What version of Firefox for Android are you using? (please try the latest version which is currently FF37.0.1)
- What did you do exactly, what happened and what did you expect? (details please! in particular the exact website url of the streaming live video and what you did before "my screen goes off")
Hello and thank you for replying. My tablet is Samsung Galaxy Tab S. And is Android 5.0.2 Mozilla is the latest version. What it does is my screen times out while im streaming I have it on max 10 min. It dims first then it goes off. If I touch the screen it continues. But when I watch a movie from you tube nothing of that happens. I maximized all the settings on my Tablet. Same streaming from same site playing fine on my laptop. Problem exists only with tablet. Thank you
Thanks for taking the time to describe what you did.
Could you please tell us the URL of a streaming video with this problem so we can try reproducing it on our Samsung tablets?
Hello Ronald and thanks for replying. I found a solution to the problem. I've downloaded an app called "No Screen Off" And it stopped my tablet from turning the screen off and stop the streaming. I have one question. How to exit firefox on the tablet there is no exit bottom anywhere. Thanks again
Glad you solved your problem.
You can exit Firefox using the normal Android operating system process which is:
- tap the soft button next to the home button and then
- tap the "X" or swipe left on Firefox
- And finally if you don't mind clearing some or all of your data on exit, you can add the exit button back to the Firefox menu by following the instructions here:
happy weekend! ...Roland