This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I get chinese characters on my active tab as I'm using a website.
This just started happening. I reinstalled firefox and it still happens.
See also these SUMO threads:Read this answer in context 👍 2
All Replies (7)
hello omarcat, some other affected users tied the issue to the mcafee site advisor extension - please try to disable or remove that in case you have it present.
I read that some people think it's a virus.
no worries, it's nothing malicious, but it is caused by this one addon which appears to have compatibility issues with firefox 34...
I called McAfee and they are unaware of this problem.
See also these SUMO threads:
I disabled the add-on, restarted Firefox. I enabled the add-on, restarted Firefox. Now everything is ok. I didn't have to uninstall the add-on.
Thank you for your help.
I disabled my site advisor and the problem is gone