Possible Bug In Firefox for Mac on Retina Macs only
There appears to be a problem that only occurs in Firefox for the Mac, and only on retina devices (works fine on non-retina macs). It involves the images on a slider flickering, which can best be seen here:
http://vinehousestudios.co.uk - Real life implementation showing the problem
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.12
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- CIG Download
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0
The only CSS I see contributing to this is:
animation: 6s ease-in 0.6s normal forwards 1 imagezoom;
or opacity changing in steps I cannot tell, but this may be a compatibility error that further investigation is needed. Current MDN animation documentation I have tested it on other browsers on the Mac and have not seen a difference.
You may be experiencing a update in the driver issue [Bug 962594] or a few others. However right now there are a number of changes being made to the animation toolkit. I recommend taking advantage of these css toolkit features to optimize Firefox.