where to find setting for pop up blocker
Currently I have pop up blocker activated. I need to modify it so that certain sites are allowed to use pop ups. I read the instructions. But, I can find where to utilize the instructions, e.g. where do I find the site to change setting for pop up blocker?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Version 220.127.116.1103
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Unity Web Player version 4.1.5f1. (c) 2012 Unity Technologies ApS. All rights reserved.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- 20-20 Technologies - 20-20 3D Viewer for IKEA v18.104.22.168
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
Currently I have pop up blocker activated. I need to modify it so that certain sites are allowed to use pop ups. I read the instructions. But, I can NOT find where to utilize the instructions, e.g. where do I find the site to change setting for pop up blocker?
Hi, I am sorry to hear about this issue. If you are using the default Firefox Popup blocker (not an add-on) you can modify it in the settings.
To do this please press [ALT] on your keyboard then go to "Extras" and then "Settings". Then the settings window should pop up. On the third tab of the settings window, the "content" one, the top entry is about the pop up blocker. There you have the option to add exceptions, i.e. sites which are allowed to use pop ups. I hoped it helped, please report on the progess. Regards
A million thanks for your help. I do NOT know computers. I have a MAC Pro laptop. (a) When I press ALT nothing happens. (b) I do not see EXTRAS anywhere. Where should I look for EXTRAS? After pressing ALT I'm dead in the water! Appreciate your help
There is another way to handle popups if they are triggered by clicking something. You can still block the spontaneous ones. In about:config you can add this setting:
- dom.disable_open_click_delay - set to 2500
I want to allow pop ups from several sources (my bank, city agency, etc) . Want to dis-allow pop ups from unsolicited sources.
See this support article. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pop-blocker-settings-exceptions-troubleshooting
You can inspect and manage the permissions for the domain in the currently selected tab via these steps:
- Click the "Site Identity Button" (globe/padlock) on the location/address bar
- Click "More Information" to open "Tools > Page Info" with the Security tab selected
- Go to the Permissions tab (Tools > Page Info > Permissions) to check the permissions for the domain in the currently selected tab
You can inspect and manage the permissions for all domains on the about:permissions page.