Keep getting messages from sync
I don't want "Firefox sync" and never created a "sync" account. I use roboform to store logins and passwords. Since today I keep getting annoying pop ups from "sync" asking me if I want to "remember password" every time I want to login to soem site or account. How do I get rid of that?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- This plug-in enables downloading of HTML5 videos
- This plug-in enables downloading of Flash videos
- This plug-in enables downloading with the Download This Video button
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.10
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Version 188.8.131.5210
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
Hmm, I don't think that is from Sync, but maybe from Firefox's built-in password manager? Try turning that off here:
"3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Options > Security
Uncheck the box for "Remember passwords for sites"
Does that get rid of the prompts?
If not, could you post a screen shot of the prompt you're getting? This article has tips on capturing that: How do I create a screenshot of my problem? Please delete or obscure any personal information before posting. (There is a Browse... button below the text box to attach the image.)