This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
can't open firefox getting message "Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible" help
I must have deleted something. My firefox cannot open. I get the following message:
"Profile Missing" Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible.
All Replies (1)
A possible/likely cause is a problem with the profiles.ini file and the profile marked as Default=1 in this file is no longer present on the hard drive.
- Windows: %AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\
- Linux: ~/.mozilla/firefox/
- Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/
You can use one of these to make Firefox create/use a new default profile:
- Delete the profiles.ini file to force Firefox to create a new default profile
- Use the Profile Manager to create a new profile
- Use "Choose Folder" when you create a new profile to select the location of a lost profile and recover this profile