This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I get constant crashes of firefox, ive tried so many solutions including stuff to do with flash, plugins, everything. it still crashes in safe mode, it also crashes in other browsers.
Here are my latest crash reports. bp-9ac0f21a-1e9c-4af2-8371-804072140630 30/06/2014 19:10 bp-0b1cb3a3-03b0-4531-a103-e198b2140630 30/06/2014 18:26 bp-18be7a41-4a34-4e51-a95b-fd3e52140630 30/06/2014 17:17 bp-52dbd295-2e68-4b0c-a83d-6af492140630 30/06/2014 17:13 bp-d236ecd6-f370-4ff1-9f63-0be3f2140630 30/06/2014 17:09 bp-cf0ed3ac-d679-45b8-a57e-7fc882140630 30/06/2014 17:08 bp-df72f3f5-ba61-4a77-ab34-11a422140630 30/06/2014 17:08 bp-26bb27cf-eaba-434d-8338-287442140630 30/06/2014 17:07 bp-12f96c15-4fad-466e-80d5-273242140629 29/06/2014 12:22 bp-7eb35fcd-51e9-418c-92ac-766c02140628 28/06/2014 12:35 bp-9d4a94a4-4319-459d-92c4-616be2140628 28/06/2014 12:30 bp-a6cd8241-3bba-494e-8be7-90c262140628 28/06/2014 12:21 bp-3a0bb163-a7d7-49fd-8ce8-a4a8e2140628 28/06/2014 11:24 bp-6b307fb7-e55b-435d-b546-245f32140628 28/06/2014 11:22 bp-7ea981da-c02f-4e3d-ab7e-3e8f82140628 28/06/2014 11:22 bp-6de1ee39-69f0-460e-bce3-3b3242140628 28/06/2014 11:22 bp-0b645c8d-f02b-409a-906f-2e0012140628 28/06/2014 11:20 bp-88a429ec-c2a1-4ef6-8024-89dc42140627 27/06/2014 19:43 bp-325a504d-9f61-41b1-b7f1-af4c62140627 27/06/2014 19:41 bp-b3062177-a9d6-425d-b07d-7bb622140627 27/06/2014 15:47
All Replies (4)
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING: Do not run Firefox's uninstaller or use a third party remover as part of this process, because that could permanently delete your Firefox data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be easily recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device!
Please report back to say if this helped you!
Did you mean that other browsers are also crashing?
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
From crash report 9ac0f21a-1e9c-4af2-8371-804072140630
Total Virtual Memory 4294836224
Available Virtual Memory 3584331776
System Memory Use Percentage 76
Available Page File 2899906560
Available Physical Memory 998088704
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=740315 RESOLVED DUPLICATE crash in nsHttpPipeline::ReadFromPipe @ nsSocketOutputStream::Write
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=671468 NEW --- Firefox crash @ nsSocketOutputStream::Write(char const*, unsigned int, unsigned int*) (Correlation to Спутник @Mail.Ru and Yandex.Bar)