Hierdie gesprek is in die argief. Vra asseblief 'n nuwe vraag as jy hulp nodig het.
although google/gmail 'stay signed in' box is checked, it isn't working. - i have to sign in again every time i come back to gmail
i have commanded that i "stay signed in" by checking the box of the same name, it's not staying signed in. the program remembers my user id and password and they are filled in already when i go to sign in, but i'm in and out of google/gmail at least two dozen times a day and it's extremely vexing that for unknown reasons this extra step is required. i wonder if it's connected with cookies - i was having another problem and cleared cookies not too long ago. however, what's most perplexing is that if i'm using internet explorer, this problem doesn't occur.
All Replies (5)
Yes, this has to do with cookies.
Details like websites remembering you (log you in automatically) are stored in a cookie.
- Create a cookie 'allow' exception to keep such cookies, especially in case of secure websites and when cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: Exceptions
In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" or otherwise clear history:
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
Clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, passwords, and other website specific data.
Clearing cookies will remove all specified (selected) cookies including cookies with an allow exception that you would like to keep.
google and gmail both show up as allow exceptions. i just don't get it!
Try to remove the cookies from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
well, google is my default search engine and i use gmail and the google calendar constantly. do i really want to remove all google cookies?
Their cookies could be corrupt. In that case, delete your cookies.
WARNING: WILL LOG YOU OUT OF ALL ONLINE ACCOUNTS
Gewysig op deur user1194064