Why is it that now, when I click on a link for a website I've saved, it does NOT show the URL in the address bar? I can't drag it to an email to share the link.
Why is it that in these newer versions of Firefox (I have 21.0), when I open a link that I've saved, it does NOT display the URL in the address bar any more?
I can't drag and drop the link into an email, and I can't see the actual web address I'm connected to for reference OR for security purposes. Why was this changed?
It becomes necessary to reveal the properties of the URL link I've saved, using the Windows "Properties", then copying and pasting the URL into the Firefox address bar, before I can do anything with it.
I had the same problem. Looked into all the addons and extensions as referred in the conversation between philipp and dadmr. Turned all the extensions and plugins off and turned them on one by one. Problem was solved by disabling Goodshop app 1.0.85 and RealDownloader 188.8.131.52. It may be that these versions were out of date but were carried over when upgrading from previous versions of Firefox. Hope this helps.從原來的回覆中察看解決方案 1
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2060
- Picasa plugin
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
hello, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once?
Started Firefox in safe mode and there was no problem seeing the URL - just like in earlier versions of Firefox. Why can't we see the URL in regular Firefox mode when a link is opened this way?
probably one of your extensions in interfering...
No changes have been made and no problem with extensions has interfered with the URL appearing in Firefox before. Only with the last few new versions of Firefox has this cropped up. Also, the link opens correctly - it just doesn't display the URL in the address bar, instead it just reads (in gray) "Search or enter address." How could another extension interfere if Firefox is the sole program associated with .htm, .html files?
by "extension" i wasn't referring to the association of a file extension in your operating system, but to extensions/addons installed within firefox. this is explained in the article i've linked to above...
Thank you Philipp, for clarifying. It turned out to be an extension from Real Networks called, "RealDownloader" 1.3.0 With this disabled the problem is solved. I hope this helps others.
ok great, thanks for reporting back with your findings!
I noticed this problem for a while now. If I start Firefox using saved shortcut, or if I open a new window, there is no address displayed. I discovered that if you go to another page ( your home page for example ) then press the left arrow to the left of the address bar, the original page will reload with the address showing.
I had the same problem. Looked into all the addons and extensions as referred in the conversation between philipp and dadmr. Turned all the extensions and plugins off and turned them on one by one. Problem was solved by disabling Goodshop app 1.0.85 and RealDownloader 220.127.116.11. It may be that these versions were out of date but were carried over when upgrading from previous versions of Firefox. Hope this helps.
Same problem here -- only it just sometimes does not display the URL in the address bar (the problem happens more frequently at the launch). I haven't been able to understand what triggers such behaviour.
It would seem that pressing Esc makes the URL turn visibile, though.