Getting Started with Firefox OS
Firefox OS is Mozilla's open source mobile operating system built on web standards.
Table of Contents
- 1 Overview
- 1.1 Syncing contacts between phones and importing Facebook friends
- 1.2 Scheduling activities
- 1.3 Using SMS
- 1.4 Multi-tasking
- 1.5 Setting up Email
- 1.6 Camera
- 1.7 Going online (connecting to Wi-fi)
- 1.8 Notifications
- 1.9 Navigation and maps
- 1.10 Silence Mode
- 1.11 Battery saving options
- 1.12 Listening to the radio and music player
- 1.13 Playing games with friends in-person with connected devices
- 1.14 Customize controls and options on Firefox OS
- 1.15 Controlling data and credits
Mozilla is partnered with a number of carriers and OEMs in the development of Firefox OS, to bring devices to emerging mobile markets in 2013.
The Firefox OS Developer Preview is a release in collaboration with Telefonica and Geeksphone for the following devices:
Firefox OS v1.01 is supported on two devices, as follows:
Supported devices provide all of the features you would expect from a smartphone, like email, SMS messaging, search, maps and GPS navigation, music player, FM radio, camera, Facebook and Twitter. Check the notification bar at the top for notifications, connectivity, battery life and clock.
Organize your most-used apps in a simple tray on the bottom of your home page for quick access to browsing, email, calendars and contacts.
Of course, you'll enjoy the world-class Firefox browser and Firefox Marketplace for games and entertainment, social apps, weather and local content on your phone.
Tap and hold the home button to close and switch running apps.
Pull the utility tray down from the top of your phone for quick access to WiFi, Data, Bluetooth, Airplane mode & Settings.
Firefox OS even has dynamic app search offered by no other mobile OS. It enables you to search for anything on the web and run it as an app on your phone without even downloading it!
If you find an app you like, just tap the bookmark star in the bottom navigation bar.
Firefox OS enables you to customize all of its system features to your preferences in the following Settings:
Use the to access this user guide on your phone. You can search all of the help articles in your language or ask a question of our community of experts.
Mozillians are here to help you learn Firefox OS.
We'll show you how fun it is to join our great community of support contributors!
Syncing contacts between phones and importing Facebook friends
Organize your busy professional and personal activities using scheduling tools synced with your social network or your professional schedule.
Use productive and quick multi-tasking features.
- Navigate between open applications in Firefox OS
- Search the web on Firefox OS
- How do I move information from one location of my Firefox OS phone to another?
- How do I quickly search inside my Firefox OS phone?
Setting up Email
- Add an email account to the Mail app in Firefox OS
- Switching between Multiple Email Accounts
- Deleting email messages in Firefox OS
- Compose an email from the Contacts app
- Address an Email using To, CC and BCC fields in Firefox OS
- Forwarding email on Firefox OS
- Replying to email on Firefox OS
- Composing and Sending Email on Firefox OS
Going online (connecting to Wi-fi)
Navigation and maps
Battery saving options
For commuting, the interface is designed to have a clear indication of when the battery needs charging, and how much battery is left. Battery saving options are enabled with the use of Airplane mode and by enabling auto-adjust of brightness and screen saving in the Display settings.
Listening to the radio and music player
- Listen to the radio on Firefox OS
- Playing Music on Firefox OS
- How to put music on your Firefox OS phone
Playing games with friends in-person with connected devices
Enhance social moments through connecting devices in-person. Firefox OS provides the ability to play games or share content together in-person by using Bluetooth.
Customize controls and options on Firefox OS
It is easy and fun to customize your Firefox phone to your lifestyle using these helpful articles.
Controlling data and credits
The interface is designed so that data can be turned on and off with confidence. Across all data and communication services, Firefox OS phones provide a level of credit clarity and reassurance, and simple data plans as an option from your carrier.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/S4Ibwh