Firefox's default home page has quick links to common features
When you first start Firefox, click the home button or create a new window you're greeted with the default home page. This page contains a handy Google search and quick links to downloads, bookmarks, history, add-ons, sync and settings. Also, if you had tabs open the last time you used Firefox you can restore them from the home page with a single click.
Table of Contents
How do I get the Firefox home page?
The default Firefox setting is to show you the Firefox home page when you start Firefox, click the home button or open a new window.
If you don't see this page when you start Firefox, click the home button or open a new window you can restore the default setting like this:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button and then select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and then select On the menu bar, click on the menu and select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and select
- Select the panel.
- In the Startup box, click
- Click to close the Options windowClick to close the Preferences windowClose the Preferences window
Access downloads, bookmarks, history, add-ons, sync and settings from the home page
When you open Firefox or create a new window you should see the default home page with the following buttons at the bottom of the page:
- Downloads: Click here to open the Downloads window.
- Bookmarks: This opens your bookmarks in the library window. See How to use bookmarks to save and organize your favorite websites for more info.
- History: This opens your browsing history in the library window. See Remove recent browsing, search and download history and How do I remove a single website from my history? for more information.
- Add-ons: Quickly access the add-ons manager. For more, see Find and install add-ons to add features to Firefox.
- Sync: Click here to set up Sync and take your tabs and bookmarks with you. See Firefox Sync - Take your bookmarks, tabs and personal information with you and How do I set up Firefox Sync? for details.
- Settings: Quickly access Firefox settings. See Firefox options, preferences and settings for more.
Restore your tabs and windows from the last time you used Firefox
If you had tabs and windows open when you closed Firefox, the default Firefox home page will have abutton on it. To get your tabs and windows back, just click it.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/MNBYyj