How does Firefox for Android use the permissions it requests?
Firefox for Android currently uses these permissions:
- Your location - Fine (GPS) location. GPS location is used only when you choose to share your location with a website. Firefox never uses your location itself or shares it with a website without your permission. Learn more about Firefox's location controls.
- Storage - Modify/delete SD card contents. Firefox uses this permission to save downloaded files to the SD card. Firefox will also store its own settings and history on the SD card if you use the Android Settings app to move Firefox to SD storage.
- Hardware controls - Take pictures and videos. When a web page requests an image file to upload, you may choose to take a picture with your device's built-in camera. Firefox never takes a picture or video unless you ask it to. For more information, see this article about what's new for web developers in Firefox 9.
- Network communication - Full Internet access, view network state. Firefox uses these permissions to download web pages, add-ons, and other content over the Internet.
- System Tools - Install shortcuts. This permission is used by Firefox to allow you to add bookmarks or web app shortcuts to your device home screen.
- System Tools - Prevent phone from sleeping, prevent tablet from sleeping. The Adobe Flash plug-in uses this permission in versions of Firefox that include Flash support.
- System Tools - Modify global system settings. Firefox uses this permission to enable or disable your Firefox Sync account when you change your sync settings.
- Your accounts - Act as an account authenticator, manage the accounts list, use the authentication credentials of an account. If you set up Firefox Sync, then Firefox uses these permissions to add your sync account to the Android sync settings.
- Your personal information - Read and write Browser's history and bookmarks. Firefox uses this permission if you choose to import history and bookmarks from the default browser on your Android device.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/LHhqLV