I keep getting a message stating I have no virtual memory left, how do I fix this?
I use Mozilla Foxfire and It is always giving me a message that I have "No Virtual Memory" It does the same when I use Windows Xp. I don't know much about computers, but I follow instructions well, if someone can tell me how to fix this or point me in the right direction?
Additional System Details
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Conduit Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_39 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Game Treat Widget
- Exent® AOD Gecko Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Physical memory is the memory that is installed on your computer as real memory.
To be able to run programs that require more memory and more programs at the same time (via time sharing and task switching) it is also possible to move (swap) currently not needed code and data to disk to make room for other programs and data.
The total memory available for programs is the Virtual Memory.
You can check the Virtual Memory settings here: Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Settings (Advanced tab)
Windows can manage more memory then is physical available and that memory is stored in a page file on your hard drive.
If the size of that file is not large enough and all available memory is in use then you get the Virtual Memory is low warning.
Make sure that you have at least 1 GB or the recommended setting for the Virtual Memory.
If you have less than 1 GB physical memory installed on your computer then if possible add more memory.
I had the same problem. It has to do with memory allocation on your computer. Firstly, make sure you have enough RAM. 1GB should be good enough. You need to allocate more memory from the Advanced System Settings screen.
There is a very helpful Step-by-Step guide here How to fix Mozilla Firefox error - Virtual Memory is too low
It fixed my problem. I use Windows 7. If you're still getting the error, update to the latest version of Firefox or uninstall and reinstall Firefox.