Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Save Image As and Downloads directory are broken in certain profiles

xinem15241

I have Firefox 157 with multiple profiles. OS is Mac Tahoe 26.6.

I am unable to save images on some profiles. Clicking Save Image As does nothing. Attempting to change the Downloads directory also does nothing.

On my default profile, it also has intermittent issues with saving. Currently it works most of the time and the Downloads directoy is able to be changed.

What is the problem?

I have Firefox 157 with multiple profiles. OS is Mac Tahoe 26.6. I am unable to save images on some profiles. Clicking Save Image As does nothing. Attempting to change the Downloads directory also does nothing. On my default profile, it also has intermittent issues with saving. Currently it works most of the time and the Downloads directoy is able to be changed. What is the problem?

All Replies (1)

Apparently some extra permission to access "Downloads" in recent versions.

Potentially related to the same underlying security restriction https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2077390

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.