Import Bookmarks from Internet Explorer
Firefox lets you import settings and data from Internet Explorer, saving you from having to configure many things yourself. This article gives you step-by-step instructions for getting it done.
- If you want to import Internet Explorer Favorites from another computer, see Import Internet Explorer Favorites from another computer.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the button, go over to the menu and select to open the Library window.On the menu bar, click the menu and select to open the Library window.At the top of the Firefox window, click the menu and select to open the Library window.
- In the Library window, click
Note: If Private Browsing mode. Turn off that feature and try again.is disabled (greyed out), this can happen if you are in and choose .
- In the Import Wizard window that appears, select Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click
- Firefox will list the types of settings and information it can import. Select the items you want to import, then click
- Internet Options: General settings, including your home page. Since Firefox and Internet Explorer have different features, Firefox won't be able to import all of your settings.
- Cookies: Small bits of information stored on your computer by some websites that are used to keep you logged in, store your options, or do other things.
- Browsing History: Information on the sites you have visited.
- Favorites: Web pages you have saved in your Internet Explorer favorites.
. The items you selected should now be imported.
- Your imported favorites will appear in the Bookmarks menu in a folder named From Internet Explorer. For more information on using bookmarks in Firefox, see How to use bookmarks to save and organize your favorite websites
Based on information from Import bookmarks (mozillaZine KB)
Share this article: http://mzl.la/MAxSv7