Accessing maps and local information on Firefox OS
To use the GPS function with your device, you will need to use the HERE Maps application. It provides a rich set of features such as navigation, transit options, traffic conditions and views from satellite.
- Open the HERE Maps app by tapping on
- A screen will appear notifying you that Here maps wants to know your location. Tap Allow to provide this information to the maps application.
- If the geolocation icon does not appear at the top of your phone, go to Settings and enable Geolocation to enable it.
- Tap the menu button in the upper-right.
- The menu options available will be presented to you.
- Tap the
to find your current location.
- A message appears Finding current location. When GPS has the access to your location data, the message disappears and the button in the bottom left of the map turns green.
- Tap the rounded green icon at the bottom left of the Here maps app to geolocate.
- The map repositions to show your location.
- Note:If you are using GPS for the first time, you might need to go outside to get it to locate.
- Type in the To box to search for any location by name or address to find where you want to go while you have access to a data connection.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/12YXa02