Accessing maps and local information on Firefox OS
To use the GPS function with your device, you will need to use the HERE Maps application. It provides a rich set of features for navigation, transit options, traffic conditions and views from satellite.
- Open the HERE Maps app by tapping on
- A screen will appear notifying you that Here maps wants your geolocation. Tap Allow to provide this information to the maps app.If the geolocation icon does not appear at the top of your phone, go to Settings and tap GPS to enable it.
- A screen will appear notifying you that Here maps wants your geolocation. Tap Allow to provide this information to the maps app.
- Tap the menu button in the upper-right.
- The menu opens.
- Tap the
to find your current location.
- A message appears Finding current location. When GPS has accesss to your location data, the message disappears and the button in the bottom left of the map turns green.
- Tap the rounded green icon at the bottom left of the Here maps app to geolocate.
- The map repositions to show your location.If you are using GPS for the first time, you might need to go outside to get it to locate.
- The map repositions to show your location.
- Type on the Search box for any location by name or address to find where you want to go while you have access to WiFi.
Tap the rounded square icons on the right side of the screen to view options.
Use the Save a map area option to save a map for offline use while you travel to your destination.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/12YXa02