Sort your bookmarks to quickly find the ones you want
This article describes how to arrange your Bookmarks in Firefox. You can sort the bookmarks in a folder by name, or you can manually rearrange them.
- For more information on using bookmarks, see How to use bookmarks to save and organize your favorite websites.
Sorting by name
- Click the Bookmarks button on the right side of the navigation toolbarOn the menu bar, click At the top of the Firefox window, click the and select menu to open the Library window.
- Right-clickHold down the Ctrl key while you click on the folder you want to sort, then select . The bookmarks in that folder will be sorted alphabetically.
Sorting bookmarks by name in the Library window will be reflected in the Bookmarks sidebar, menu, and button.
- Click the folder that contains the bookmark you want to move to expand it.
- Click on the bookmark you want to move and then drag it to the position where you want to move it.
- To move a bookmark into a different folder, drag it on top of the folder.
Changes you make in the Library window will be reflected in the Bookmarks sidebar, menu, and button.
Sorted views in the Library window
To view your bookmarks in various sort orders, use the Library window:
- In the left pane, click on the folder you want to view. Its contents will appear in the right pane.
- Click on the button, then select , and then select a sort order.
The sort order in the Library window is for viewing purposes only, and will not be reflected in the Bookmarks sidebar, menu or button.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/Mk9DSW