how do I delete a stored login?
I am trying to delete an incorrectly stored login , my password is in it , from firefox and can not do it or find out how. I went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling firefox and it's still there ... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ????
Dettagli aggiuntivi sul sistema
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1998
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello jwenetta, please see Password manager - Remember, delete and change saved passwords in Firefox
I looked at that before resorting to this forum , it did not work. I talked with an IT person at work , they showed me how to do it , but they have a linux machine , I have windoze so the pull downs are different , not sure why , I can't get it to work.
But thanks for that link.
You can inspect and manage the permissions for all domains on the about:permissions page.
You can check if there are entries in the password manager with an empty user name.
Make sure that you haven't saved multiple (uppercase, lowercase) versions of that name and password.
Remove saved Password(s):
- Tools > Options > Security: Passwords: "Saved Passwords" > "Show Passwords"
Why is this such an ordeal? Can't it be as easy to option out as it is to option in?
And thank you, because this worked. And it's not that difficult once you've got the info, but without that - the average user would never discover how to do this!