Enable Bluetooth on Firefox OS to send and receive files
Bluetooth is a wireless technology you can use to exchange data over a short distance. This article explains how to enable it on your Firefox OS device so you can easily share files with others.
Table of Contents
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Select Bluetooth under the Network & Connectivity section.
- Toggle the
Rename your device
You can set the name that is displayed to other devices.
- From the Bluetooth settings screen, tap the button.
- Enter a new name and then tap
- The new name will be shown under Visible to all.
Pair Bluetooth devices
- Make the device you want to pair with your Firefox OS device, visible (or discoverable) to other devices.
- On your Firefox OS device's Bluetooth settings screen, tap the name of the other device under the Devices in the area section.
- If you don't see the other device listed, you can search for it by tapping the button.
- Confirm that both devices display the same PIN number and then tap the button on both devices.
Send and receive files over Bluetooth
Send files to another device
- Make sure your Firefox OS device is paired with another device.
- Find the image or video you want send to another device.
- Tap the share button at the bottom of the screen and then select Bluetooth Transfer.
- Select the paired device you want to send the file to and hit .
- Accept the file transfer on the other device.
- You will get a File sent notification when the transfer is done.
- Make sure your Firefox OS device is Visible to all in the Bluetooth settings.
- Share a file over Bluetooth from another device.
- Tap the Receive file? notification that appears at the top of your Firefox OS device.
- Then tap the red
button to start the file transfer.
- You will get a File received notification when the transfer is done.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/ZujzzT