Password manager - Remember, delete and change saved passwords in Firefox
The Firefox Password Manager securely stores the usernames and passwords you use to access websites and then automatically fills them in for you the next time you visit. This article will show you how to use the Password Manager to remember, view, delete and protect your passwords.
Table of Contents
Make Firefox remember usernames and passwords
When you enter a username and password Firefox hasn't already stored for a website, it will ask if you want Firefox to remember them.
In the Remember Password prompt:
- To have Firefox remember your username and password, click .To have Firefox remember your username and password, click The next time you visit the website, Firefox will automatically enter your username and password for you.
- If you've stored the wrong username or password, just type the right one into the website and Firefox will prompt you to save it. To save the new username and password, click .To save the new username and password, click .
- To tell Firefox to never remember usernames and passwords for the current website, click .To tell Firefox to never remember usernames and passwords for the current website, click the drop-down menu and select In the future, when you log in to the website you won't be prompted to save the username and password.
- If you later change your mind and would like Firefox to ask you to save usernames and passwords for this site, you'll need to remove it from the exceptions list using the Security and passwords settings.If you later change your mind and would like Firefox to ask you to save usernames and passwords for this site, you'll need to remove it from the exceptions list using the Preferences window - Security panel.
- To skip saving your username and password this time, click .To skip saving your username and password this time, click the drop-down menu and select You'll be prompted to save your username and password the next time you visit the site. .
Viewing and deleting passwords
You can easily manage the usernames and passwords that Firefox has saved for you.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button and then select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and then select On the menu bar, click on the menu and select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and select
- Click the panel.
- Click and the Password Manager will open.
- To see the passwords you have saved, click . When you close the window, your passwords will be automatically hidden.
- Use the search box to find a particular website or username. Click the X in the search bar to clear your search and see the full list again.
- To remove a username and password, select it from the list and click .
- To remove all stored usernames and passwords, click . After confirming this choice, all of your stored usernames and passwords will be deleted.
Protecting your passwords
If you use the same simple password for everything you will be more susceptible to identity theft. The Create secure passwords to keep your identity safe article shows you an easy method for creating secure passwords and using the Password Manager, as described above, will help you remember them all.
Even though the Password Manager stores your usernames and passwords on your hard drive in an encrypted format, someone with access to your computer can still see or use them. The Use a Master Password to protect stored logins and passwords article shows you how to prevent this and keep you protected in the event your computer is lost or stolen.
Having problems with usernames and passwords?
These articles will help you solve any problems you might be having with usernames and passwords:
- Usernames and passwords are not saved
- Reset your Master Password if you've forgotten it
- Firefox asks for user name and password on internal sites
Share this article: http://mzl.la/LFrKSH