Ask keeps coming up as default browser even though I change to Google
My preferred search engine is Google. However it seems that Firefox likes Ask. I move Google up to the top in the "Manage Search Engines" option and remove Ask. The next time I start Firefox, and even sometimes without a restart, Ask defaults to the preferred spot.
Additional System Details
Seo é an rud a tharla
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I think with the last update
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101203 AskTbAD2/22.214.171.12419 Firefox/3.6.13
That is probably the Ask Toolbar that is doing that. If you do not want Ask you should uninstall the Ask Toolbar.