why does the browser open 2 tabs when i go online?
Every time I open firefox it opens two tabs for my homepage
Every time Firefox opened
== from the beginning
Additional System Details
- -npmnqmp 989898989877
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6
Check your home page settings. You can open multiple home pages. The pages are separated by a "|" keyboard character. See: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/How+to+set+the+home+page
Other Issues: to correct security/stability issues
Update Java: your version 184.108.40.206; current version 220.127.116.11 (important security update 04-15-2010) (Windows users: Do the manual update; very easy.) See: Updating Java Do the update with Firefox closed.
Install/Update Adobe Flash Player for Firefox: your version 10.0 r42; current version 10.0 r45 See: Updating Flash -download and SAVE to your hard drive (save to Desktop for easy access) -exit Firefox (File > Exit) -double-click on the Adobe Flash installer you just downloaded to install it -when the Flash installation is complete, start Firefox, and test the Flash installation here: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507&sliceId=1
- NOTE: On Vista and Windows 7 you may need to run the plugin installer as Administrator by starting the installer via the right-click context menu if you do not get an UAC prompt to ask for permission to continue (i.e nothing seems to happen). See this: http://vistasupport.mvps.org/run_as_administrator.htm
- NOTE for IE: Firefox and most other browsers use a Plugin. IE uses an ActiveX version of Flash. To install the IE ActiveX Adobe Flash Player, same instructions as above, except use IE to download the ActiveX Flash installer.