Stop Firefox from opening multiple tabs when it starts
Firefox lets you specify more than one site as your home page by separating each address with a pipe character (|). This feature may lead to unexpected results when you try to set your home page to a site that contains a pipe character in the address. This article explains how to fix that.
- If Firefox repeatedly open new, empty tabs or windows after clicking on a link, see the Firefox repeatedly opens empty tabs or windows after you click on a link article.
- If you get a tab named "Firefox Updated" or says "You've been updated to the latest version of Firefox." every time you start Firefox, please read the Firefox says it's just updated every time it starts - how to fix article.
To fix this problem, you will have to replace the pipes with their escape code.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button and then select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and then select On the menu bar, click on the menu and select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and select
- Select the panel.
- In the Home Page text box, replace all pipes (|) with %7C
- Click to close the Options windowClick to close the Preferences windowClose the Preferences window
Share this article: http://mzl.la/MsLBaF