Vertical scroll bar missing, resetting Firefox does not fix it. How do I get it back?
The vertical scroll bar on all windows is missing. resetting firefox does not bring it back. You can see the scroll bar if you change the size of the window and have to quickly try to grab it, but that's a huge pain. PLease help. Thanks.
Additional System Details
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0.7
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- Picasa plugin.
- Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files
- npmnqmp 071505000006
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
The disappearing scrollbars are a MacOS X 10.9 Mavericks setting. See this thread for how to change them globally: why do the scroll bars quickly dissapear in firefox on OSX 10.9?
Does that fix it?
On Mac the scroll bars can be hidden and only have them show when you scroll the page so you can see the current scroll position.
The idea is that a touch pad is used that doesn't require the scroll bars to be visible and thus have more screen estate for the browsing area.
You can make the scroll bars always visible:
System Preferences > General > Show Scroll Bar > Choose "Always"
i have the same problem,but i work on windows 8!what about that?plz help me!thank you!
Hi olga, I see you posted a new question here: scroll side bar doesnt work. I think to avoid Mac/PC confusion, it's probably best to continue over there.