how do I make firefox remember my yahoo id and password?
Every other site can remember my login details so I don't have to type them every time. But for some reason, Yahoo does not let Firefox remember my login details. So I have to cut and paste from a Notepad file, since I am sick and tired of typing them every single time. Does anyone know how to fix this, so that my user-id and password can be remembered and autofill in Firefox like they used to?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
I can log in to my.yahoo.com without going through the pains you are describing. I have login data stored under https://login.yahoo.com. From my own experience I know, this is just one of the many doors into Yahoo. Check your login data in FX to see if there's any entries for yahoo already there:
The following article may also be useful in your case:
Modified by smo
Yahoo uses some tricks on the login form which may bypass Firefox's normal behavior. One is to mark the username and password fields autocomplete="off" so that Firefox doesn't try to remember your login.
There are at least three methods to switch the "off" to "on":
(1) Manually edit the off to on using Firefox's Inspector feature (this post has the steps: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/que.../963553?page=2#answer-458120)
(2) Run a script to hack the page (this article has the script: User name and password not remembered - MozillaZine Knowledge Base)
(3) Use an add-on. See The Using an Extension section of the User name and password not remembered article for suggestions (I haven't tried any of them myself).
Edit: #2 and #3 are the same link as in smo's post.
Modified by jscher2000
I have this problem now, since FF updated to v24.0 this morning. Previously, it remembered my Yahoo login info and worked fine, but now it does not (though the Yahoo usernames and passwords are still in my "saved passwords" list in FF).
It seems as though there must be some setting in FF that needs to be changed, and that it did not carry over from my preferences on the previous version.
I had also this problem. Try before login to check 'keep me signed in' adn after that in ID list will appear your saved login ID's. Idon't know if this make sense or is something logical behind, but checking this mark solved my problem. Mozilla version 24.
I have had this problem on Linux (Lubuntu 13.10) and had the opposite experience; for me, it was solved by UNchecking "keep me signed in"; once I removed the checkbox, my list of saved account/password pairs worked.
So, if one doesn't work, try the other.
Also, I installed the auto-complete 1.6 plugin; but it didn't seem to make any difference.
I use the "rememberpass 1.1.2" add-on for FireFox - it forces Firefox to save your Yahoo username and password and works for most other sites too.
Modified by teeness
The solution is given here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/963553?page=2#answer-458120 But it would not work until I first turned off the "do not track" feature under firefox "options".