Shockwave and Flash Player error messages in Firefox...
I'm having two problems with Firefox:
1) Flash Player...
a) Sometimes I keep getting the message that I need to download Flash Player. b) However I have visited this link: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html And verified that the latest version of Flash is already installed on my system. c) I get the message, and then after a little while the video still plays anyway - but how can I stop receiving this message?
From time to time I get an error message regarding the "Shockwave Plugin" - saying that it can't play a script, and asking if I want the script to continue or stop.
How can I solve this?
I have a Windows 7 PC.
Thanks in advance!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
Your System Details List shows the Flash plugin as installed and enabled.
Does Flash work on the Adobe test page?
If you use extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) that can block content (e.g. Adblock Plus, NoScript, Flash Block, Ghostery) then make sure that such extensions aren't blocking content.
Modified by cor-el
1) Yes, Flash works on that Adobe test page - it tells me it's installed.
2) No such extensions are blocking any content.
The problems have not gone away. What do you think the problem is?
Is the shockwave issue related to the flash player issue?
It does appear as if the shockwave problem is connected to flash player - just got the shockwave error message again which was followed by a message on the website which caused the flash plug-in to crash. (But I was able reload the flash plug-in without problem).
No ideas how to solve this?
Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800 is the Flash plugin if you are referring to that plugin.
I FIXED IT
Hi there did you manage to sort out you Adobe Shockwave Flash crashing in fox
I had the same problem no net based Vids would play at all Not Iplayer, you tube nothing the screen/vid box would be grey or black
Its just taken me 19 hours to do it but its mended
On the top of the firefox page hit tools then from the drop down menue sect options.
when the window opens at the top select ADVANCED
on that page you will see a box with (Use Hardware acceleration when available)
YOU NEED TO UN CHECK/TICK THAT BOX
Its as simple as that good luck .........Date I posted this fix (15/01/2014)