how can I add an additional search engine, if it is not found in the add-on department?
my preferred search engine cannot be found among the add-ons. Other browsers off to add any user defined search enfine. Why can Mozilla not offer thais important feature?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Office Live Update v1.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
No, Mycroft can only add search engines that it knows about, and it doesn't know about mine.
If there isn't an entry in the Search Engines to add a search engine like you can see on this forum page (Add "Firefox Help") then you can still consider to use "Add a Keyword for this Search" in the right-click context menu of arch filed on the web page.