How do I change/add icons on the bookmark toolbar?
I'm really new to Firefox and having a little trouble customizing the appearance. On the bookmark toolbar, some "buttons" have icons that represent the website...google, for instance, has the blue square with "g" in the center, duckduckgo has the duck head icon. Some websites however don't automatically show an icon on the bookmark button. Some show nothing, while others show a dotted square. Is there anyway to set an icon for these buttons? I can do that using IE but can't seem to figure out how to on Firefox.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- Picasa plugin
- Pando Web Plugin
- Unity Player 4.0.1f2
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Office Live Update v1.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
- Bookmark Favicon Changer: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/bookmark-favicon-changer/
that addon will only work for monday and tuesday, as FF 22 breaks it.
you can try this https://addons.mozilla.org/En-us/firefox/addon/identfavicon/
It works but is nothing like the original solution.
Its a pity that the Firefox Team broke the add-on repeatedly and never bothered to fix the base issue which is the adding and changing of the bookmarks icon should be a BASE feature of Firefox!