my new tab page doesn't show customized top sites. How do I get it back? I am using Windows 8.
My new tab page shows the firefox home page and not the links to my top sites. How do I get the top site to show again on my new tabs page. I am operating in Windows 8.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Website Logon Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1246
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
Maybe this can help as it seems you changed the Firefox behavior:
Type in Firefox's address bar:
Agree that you will be careful if asked, then type:
Change it to:
about:newtab , that is the actual default setting.
Try to use the SearchReset extension to reset some preferences to the default values.
Note that the SearchReset extension only runs once and then uninstalls automatically, so it won't show on the "Firefox > Add-ons" page (about:addons).
I Have changed the browser.newtab.url to about:newtab and it works until I restart firefox then about:newtab is always overwritten and replaced by string. Any solutions?
If you do not keep changes after a restart or otherwise have problems with preferences, see: