I set preferences @ "Clear History When FireFox Closes"... Now it doesn't allow FireFox to close at all w/o using Force Quite ( Mac w/ osx 10.5.8) Thanks.
How should we have or preferences set, so that it will close / quit completely, and allow us to clear or history?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
How long did you wait? Some elements of history take longer to clear than others. In particular, clearing the disk cache can freeze Firefox for 30 seconds or up to a couple of minutes you have a large hard drive. I suspect it will be quicker in the future if you are clearing after each session. You also can fine-tune what is cleared to avoid the cache if clearing it takes forever.
Does it help if you exclude the cookies and instead let the cookies expire when you close Firefox?
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
I guess that was it... it just needed some initial working time to get through all of the previous history / searches... works as designed right now... Quick and Smooth... Thank YOU so much for the reply!