How can I force a website to open with Firefox w/o making firefox my default browser?
I have one website that does not work in IE8 (XP) but works in Firefox. I keep a shortcut in my quickstart bar, I would like to open the web site, which is colorado overdrive library site, in firefox with a single click without making firefox my default browser.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
hello, you'd have to create a special firefox shortcut for that website. create a copy of the mozilla firefox shortcut in the quicklaunch bar - then right-click that, select properties & in the shortcut tab add the url you want to open at the end of the target field (see screenshot - sry for the different language, but you should get an idea).