Firefox won't play a video on my website and it is not flash.
I have tried multiple times and numerous days to play a slideshow on my website, but it won't play. It will work in Internet Explorer.
Modified by armomo2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00090316005 plugin for Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Here is one. http://www.amberzeiglerphotography.com/families-2/ I have two on my website and neither will work in Firefox.
Both slideshows work fine here on Linux with Firefox 19.0.2
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Thank you for the response. I did everything you suggested. And then I went to Firefox and did all the troubleshooting suggestions they have. And it still does not play. I tried it on my laptop and it works fine. It's only on my desktop and only in Firefox. Do you know what else could be the problem?