As the question. This is a problem that persists through restarts and reboots.
I've had this problem before in previous versions of Firefox, but could correct it by viewing a YouTube hosted video full-screen on the main monitor, close the window then restart FF, then new windows would once again open on the main monitor. Unfortunately this quick fix no longer appears to work.
I've tried disabling all add-ons and then restarting FF, but the same behaviour happens.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
You can check for problems with current Flash plugin versions and try these:
- disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin