Different font size in FireFox v19 and IE9 on google
Can some please tell why FireFox v19 can display google search results in the same font-size a I'm used to from IE9 ?
I have tried to zoom in, however then I get a problem with the other text at the top of the page, because it is getting to large.
I hope I have provided enough information so the rest of you can understand my problem.
I can provide a screenshot which show the difference between FireFox v19 and IE9
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Here is a screenshot which show the difference between FireFox v19 and IE9
Reset the page zoom on pages that cause problems.
- View > Zoom > Reset (Ctrl+0 (zero); Cmd+0 on Mac)
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
You can use this extension to see which fonts are used for text that is selected (right-click context menu: Show fonts in selection).
You can try different default fonts and temporarily disable website fonts to test the selected default font.
- Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Advanced
- [ ] "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above"
I have had the same issue.
I determined it's due to KB2670838 update that made changes to the following files.
D3D10SDKLayers.dll D3D11SDKLayers.dll D3D10ref.dll D2D1debug.dll
Platform Update for Windows 7 x64-Edition (KB2670838)
DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE AT THIS TIME
Nice to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem.
However, since this is a update for Windows 7 I won't try to remove it in order to solve the problem, because this update to my system was made for a reason (what it does I don't know)
Anyway, that you for pinpointing the cause to the problem.