Why is there no "Show All Bookmarks" in my Bookmarks menu in Firefox 3.6.28--AS YOU SAID in how to export to Bookmarks.html??
I followed instructions on how to export my Firefox bookmarks to a Bookmarks.html, BUT there is no Show All Bookmarks in my Bookmarks menu. I don't get it. I have Firefox 3.6.28, which is the latest I can install on my PowerPC OS 10.4.11 Mac. Thank you. I'm stuck without my Firefox bookmarks on my new iMac OS 10.8.
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Netscape plug-in that plays Rhapsody content
- Yahoo! Installer Plug-in provides application installation support
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0.0
- Office Live Update v1.0
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28 GTB7.1
The name might have been different in 3.6.28. Do you have anything on the Bookmarks menu which refers to organizing bookmarks? You also could try the shortcut key combination Cmd+Shift+b to see whether that works.
In Firefox 3.6.x it is named "Organize Bookmarks"
- Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > Import & Backup > Export HTML
Firefox 4 and later require a Mac with an Intel processor and OS X 10.6 (Firefox 16 runs on OS X 10.5).
For an unofficial Firefox 17.0.3 ESR compatible version (TenFourFox) that runs on PowerPC Macs with OS X 10.4.11 or OS X 10.5.8 you can look at:
Modified by cor-el
Thanks, Man! I do have Organize Bookmarks, and screwing-around with some icons beneath the menu, I found one that allowed me to export. This is great, I really appreciate it.