Cannot remove FileOpen Plugin
I installed a plugin called FileOpen and even though I have followed all of their removal instructions, the plugin loads every time I view a PDF in Firefox. Please can you help me remove it. I have emailed FileOpen and got no response and I am sick of the program because it conflicts with my accounts software! I am pretty Mac literate and have done everything I can to delete FileOpen. Please help!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.02
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- LogMeIn remote control components
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.5
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I did both of these things and no difference :0(
I also did a complete reinstall of my Mac OS System using Timemachine and the blasted program is still there, still operating in Firefox every time I open a PDF. I have rung FileOpen again and asked for someone to help me. I find it disturbing that I am unable to remove the program.