After updating to 12.0, I can't copy and paste images from any website; instead of the image pasting, the URL for the image pastes instead; help, please?
This applies to copying from any website, and pasting to any and all applications. This is exactly coincidental to install of 12.0. This is a basic, common, and essential function of any web browser. I've read various unacceptable "workarounds" in a couple posts, and am respectfully requesting a truly professional response from Firefox re: what exactly can be done to restore this basic, elementary function. I have been a major Firefox fan up until now, and need it to provide this basic functionality in a dependable way - simple right-click, copy image, and paste the image (not it's URL). Thanks for helping (hopefully).
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
IIRC there were menu changes recently and some email and image options were removed. Possibly you are using an incorrect option.
Try downloading an image by rightclicking on it and use an option such as copy image or save as (I have not used XP for a while and forget the exact wording of options available)
Try that out on this website using the posters avatar's they are small images.