can not access ancestry.com
I have had problems accessing ancestry.com for the last 2 editions....on firefox 19 now. Today I cannot access ancestry at all. I can on explorer, but don't like using explorer. Can someone help.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.523
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Thank you so much..Clearing the cookies and the cache did the trick. Jo
RE:Ancestry.com not working in Firefox
I just wanted to mention another possible issue regarding the failure of ancestry.com to work on FF. I followed the instructions above, and I still could not get ancestry to work in FF. Ancestry DID work in IE, but I prefer not to use IE. BTW, I am running FF 19.0.2 on Win 8. So, I started looking at my Add-ons and Plugins. To access Add-ons go to Tools-->Add-ons. Click on Add-ons, and you will be taken to your FF Add-ons page, so you can see what you have.
I disabled all of them and ancestry worked fine on FF. Then I added each one back to see which one(s) were the problem, For me, it was Ghostery 2.9.3 that was the issue. So, now I disable it whenever I go on ancestry,com.
So, it may be the same Add-on (ghostery), or another Add-on that is giving you the problem, rather than a cache or cookie problem.
Hope this helps someone else :D
Modified by 1feather