Problem with Sync. Unknown error while syncing. Firefox 19 Linux
I have account in Sync and 4 or 5 devices connected to it. Since last week I can not syncing with server on my one device - Notebook with Linux Mint, Firefox 19. I receive error: "Sync encountered an error while syncing: Unknown error. Sync will automatically retry this action."
But on other devices (MacBook, Windows 7) there are no problem with syncing.
I hope you will help me.
Your sincerely Greg
Additional System Details
- Java plug-in for NPAPI-based browsers.
- This plugin provides integration with Gnome Shell for live extension enabling and disabling. It can be used only by extensions.gnome.org
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- Gecko Media Player 1.0.4Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Try to delete the weave folder in the Firefox profile folder.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
You can also check for problems with preferences and try to rename or delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default values.
Ok. I completely uninstalled Firefox, remove all .mozilla/firefox files and reinstall it. It works.
@cor-el Unfortunatelly your advice does not help, but thanks for reply :-)
I have never knowingly turned on Sync, on any machine, and only became aware of the feature when the error message appeared recently.
I've been "syncing" between two computers for several years by simply copying the profile from one to the other, both for Firefox and Thunderbird. Before copying, I make sure both machines are at the same update level, etc., and this has worked well for me.
Now I'm getting the "sync failed" message on the last target machine; I wonder if my profile-copying has screwed up Sync, and how I unscrew it. I'll start by reading up on Sync...